...the gem inside a book...
One of my very favorite books is "Words I Wish I Wrote" by Robert Fulghm. I was introduced to this book in a college course for creative writing. The basis of the class was we had to read books, then reflect on how they were relevant to a movie that we watched in class. I LOVED that class. I have my copy of this book proudly displayed on a bookshelf in my front room.
As you can see, this book is tabbed to the pages that I found the most inspiration. I should have just tabbed every page because this book was very profound for me. Anyway, I decided to take a look at it this morning, to find some inspiration to put into words, and I came across a post-it note dated 2005.
This gem is titled:
As you can see, this book is tabbed to the pages that I found the most inspiration. I should have just tabbed every page because this book was very profound for me. Anyway, I decided to take a look at it this morning, to find some inspiration to put into words, and I came across a post-it note dated 2005.
This gem is titled:
I'm not leaving you
watching a loved one struggle to hold onto a life is not easy. you feel the flood of emotions
because of the loss you will endure. when the time comes, one must let go, selflessly, with
the memories of all the times spent together, and let the loved one speak softly, words that say
"I'm not leaving you, I am gaining my wings as your guardian angel."
it is not up to us to determine the end of someone else's journey. we just need to be there
to appreciate the physical life gone before us.
In my search for inspiration, I found wisdom.


Comments
Post a Comment