Where would you most like to live? (And why aren't you living there already?)

Where would you most like to live? (And why aren't you living there already?)...

In a fantasy life, I think would most like to live in Tuscany.  It's been a dream of mine for quite some time, and I'm not even really sure why, but I think it has something to do with when I first saw "Under the Tuscan Sun."  That movie really made me fall in love with the idea of living in Tuscany (or at least visiting).  While living on the opposite side of the earth isn't really something I am able to do, it is nice to have a dream.


In reality, though, I'd love to live in a big house in the country with a wrap around porch and a view of nothing but nature. From the valley our home will be situated on to the forest of trees that surround our property where I can go and hug each and every one of them.




I'd wake up every morning to the most beautiful sunrises, drinking a hot cup of coffee on the porch, watching the sky transform, showing off all it has to offer. From the dark of night to the light of day, I'll take it all in, and never take it for granted. Hey, maybe I'll do a sunrise yoga routine every morning as a tribute to the start of a new day. 


I'd have lunches consisting of those little sandwiches you have at high tea (you know the ones, like the Queen would have!) and pretend as though the Queen, herself, will be in attendance, because you just never know who may show up at your door.  After all, when she gets the invitation I will send, she may just be intrigued enough to stop by.


Dinner would be a table surrounded by family and friends, with laughter and joy ... no cell phones, because we'll be having such an enjoyable time that we'll forget that they exist.  Nothing but love, laughter and feasting.

Our neighbors will be just up the road, but not so close that I can see every time they leave their home.  Still, we'd have them over for an adult beverage to round the evening out and wind down, watching the glory of the day as it prepares for a new beginning.



I'd also have a huge garden of fruits and veggies a plenty, to provide for my family, and a small portion to sell at a farmer's market.  Sharing the (literal) fruits of our labor for others to enjoy, and what we do not use or cannot sell, we will donate to the local shelter for those in need.



And I want to have horses, pigs, chickens, cows and 3 or 4 dogs.  Most of those animals my husband says I can't give names to because he doesn't want me to become too attached to, since they will, at the end of their lives, be a source of food for us. (They'll have names anyway, he knows it, I know it, we all know it... we just won't talk about it 😁). They will be loved and well care for, every day of their happy lives.


I'd have all the time in the world to photograph whatever, whoever, and wherever I want.  I'd have a lovely studio in my home, equipped with everything I need to make that dream come true.  Full of different backdrops, props and lighting setups that will allow me to get back to doing what I absolutely love ... creating memories that will last a lifetime for my clients. 

The truth is, my dream home in the country will come true, in the near future.  It IS the goal.  It WILL happen.  We talk about it frequently.  We have other things that need to happen first, which is why we aren't living there yet, but soon .... probably not soon enough ... but, still, soon, we will have our dream home in the country.

#wherewouldyoumostliketolive

Peace, Love & Light
Christine

Want to join in? Write a blog post of the same title and add the same hashtag at the bottom as I have and let's get creative together! Leave a link to your post as a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions in 2019!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repost: Taking the magic out of Christmas ... and bringing it back. Finale.

Repost: Taking the magic out of Christmas ... and bringing it back. Part 14.

Repost :Taking the magic out of Christmas ... and bringing it back. Part 17.