What does the world need to know right now?

What does the world need to know right now....

I'm not entirely sure how to answer this, but, I know what I need to know. I need to know how we've gotten here. Here, in a place where people cannot have their own opinions of, well, anything. People get so offended by everything. It is quite sad, really. Is it possible that our society has become so out of touch that people can't be accepting of something as simple as another's opinion. We've all heard the old adage about opinions, they're like assholes, everyone's got one ... In my humble opinion (if I'm offered such), in a world where so much is displaced, other's opinions shouldn't matter to you.

Who really cares if someone thinks that the wall should or shouldn't be built... Do you honestly think that YOUR opinion on the matter will be a deciding factor? 

Who really cares what people think about an increase in minimum wage ... Your thoughts and feelings will not sway a decision.

Not to say that these are not important topics to have opinions of, yes, have an opinion, but don't get offended when someone else's differs from yours.  These also happen to be two prime examples of why being offended by someone else's opinion doesn't do anyone any justice, at all.

In summary, after writing this, I suppose that what the world needs to know right now is this:
Stop. Stop trying to control another person's voice.  Stop being so offended by everything. Stop living a life so shallow that another person's thoughts, views and morals control you. Put your voice to good use, use it to elect officials into an office you can be proud of, use it to peacefully campaign and lobby for what you want to see changed.  "Be the change you wish to see." And for the love of all things lovable, let people have their opinions, and maybe, just maybe, they'll let you have yours.

#WhatDoesTheWorldNeedToKnowRightNow

Peace, love and light,
Christine

P.S. it took me a few days to get my thoughts together on this. I plan on increasing my voice throughout 2019 using the creative writing process. Want to join in? Write a blog post of the same title and add the same hashtag at the bottom as I have and let's get creative together! I look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions in 2019!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repost: Taking the magic out of Christmas ... and bringing it back. Finale.

Repost: Taking the magic out of Christmas ... and bringing it back. Part 14.

Repost :Taking the magic out of Christmas ... and bringing it back. Part 17.