Abortion
*Disclaimer* The words I write are solely my own opinions, what I would or could even do for myself.
I've been putting much thought into this post, as it is a very sensitive topic, I, am not entirely sure many people will understand my point of view. How I can be pro-life for myself, pro-choice for every other woman, I just don't think that it's my place to tell another woman what she should do with her body. It's that plain and simple.
Abortion is a "hot" topic right now because of the new abortion law passed in NYS this past month allowing late term abortions.
I, as a woman, believe that every woman has the right to make the decision that is best for her, best for her life, HOWEVER, I do not feel that abortion should be used as a form of birth control.
*JUST MY OPINION*
I've always been in the mindset of, no matter what the circumstance, I would never get an abortion, ever. Not just because I believe life begins at conception, but also because of what an abortion does to the body. Although it is considered a relatively safe procedure, it still carries risks of heavy bleeding, infections, damage to the cervix, scarring of the uterine lining, perforation of the uterus, to name a few.

So, I, personally, could never bring myself to having an abortion, under any circumstance. I would give the baby up for adoption first, before heading to the abortion clinic, but again, this is just me. I would never, in a million years, pass judgement on another woman for deciding to have an abortion. It is, after all, her right to decide. Passing judgement on another woman for making a choice is just not my style.
Since 1973 it has been "legal" for a woman to have an abortion at any stage during a pregnancy, with states being able to regulate the laws for second and third trimester abortions. But this is what bugs me the most about abortion, it is not the people that advocate for or against it, but how it became a political agenda. Someone please explain to me how a politician can make laws that can make it legal or illegal for a woman to make a decision about what is best for her life? (Yes, I get that it's not only the woman's life at stake here). I do, however, also think that if there is a man in the picture who would want to raise the child, after birth, with or without the mother in the picture, that he should be given some consideration, however, I do feel that the ultimate decision should be the woman's. But this whole situation right here, it's complicated. It's messy. It's much like a shitty diaper, and trying to decide the best way to tackle changing that shitty diaper without getting it all over the place. It's complicated, and messy, but it took two people to make that life, I feel that the woman should at least give a moment of consideration for the man involved, if he is all in.
Again... *JUST MY OPINION*
I believe life begins at conception and it is the most magical experience I've had the honor of going through. I don't believe that every person has to agree with me, nor do I pass judgement on them for having a belief that differs from my own, however, I do wish women would give consideration to the life growing inside of them before making a decision to abort. I believe everything happens for a reason, and that includes being given the honor of a life growing inside of you. I've given great thought to the late-term abortion concept, and while I don't understand how any woman could make that decision of a late term abortion, I did find this article quite interesting: https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/how-abortion-law-in-new-york-will-change-and-how-it-wont.
I'll end on this note, what you do with your body is your business. If you choose to tell me that you have had an abortion, I will not judge you, though, I may ask questions. I am a woman who lifts other women up, I don't let them wear their tiara's crooked, and I don't pass judgement on the choices other people make, but if you are ever in a position where you find yourself at the proverbial fork in the road, and are considering abortion, think about that life growing inside of you, and if you don't think that you can take on the responsibility of caring for that life, then consider this: there are many woman in this world who cannot have children, but so desperately want one. Be their vessel. Carry that child for her, and bring a life into the world that can give another woman joy. If you can't, know that it is ok, but at least you stopped and gave pause to the consideration, before making, what is ultimately, your decision.
Peace, Love, Light, and Life,
Christine
I've been putting much thought into this post, as it is a very sensitive topic, I, am not entirely sure many people will understand my point of view. How I can be pro-life for myself, pro-choice for every other woman, I just don't think that it's my place to tell another woman what she should do with her body. It's that plain and simple.
Abortion is a "hot" topic right now because of the new abortion law passed in NYS this past month allowing late term abortions.I, as a woman, believe that every woman has the right to make the decision that is best for her, best for her life, HOWEVER, I do not feel that abortion should be used as a form of birth control.
*JUST MY OPINION*
I've always been in the mindset of, no matter what the circumstance, I would never get an abortion, ever. Not just because I believe life begins at conception, but also because of what an abortion does to the body. Although it is considered a relatively safe procedure, it still carries risks of heavy bleeding, infections, damage to the cervix, scarring of the uterine lining, perforation of the uterus, to name a few.

So, I, personally, could never bring myself to having an abortion, under any circumstance. I would give the baby up for adoption first, before heading to the abortion clinic, but again, this is just me. I would never, in a million years, pass judgement on another woman for deciding to have an abortion. It is, after all, her right to decide. Passing judgement on another woman for making a choice is just not my style.
Since 1973 it has been "legal" for a woman to have an abortion at any stage during a pregnancy, with states being able to regulate the laws for second and third trimester abortions. But this is what bugs me the most about abortion, it is not the people that advocate for or against it, but how it became a political agenda. Someone please explain to me how a politician can make laws that can make it legal or illegal for a woman to make a decision about what is best for her life? (Yes, I get that it's not only the woman's life at stake here). I do, however, also think that if there is a man in the picture who would want to raise the child, after birth, with or without the mother in the picture, that he should be given some consideration, however, I do feel that the ultimate decision should be the woman's. But this whole situation right here, it's complicated. It's messy. It's much like a shitty diaper, and trying to decide the best way to tackle changing that shitty diaper without getting it all over the place. It's complicated, and messy, but it took two people to make that life, I feel that the woman should at least give a moment of consideration for the man involved, if he is all in.Again... *JUST MY OPINION*
I believe life begins at conception and it is the most magical experience I've had the honor of going through. I don't believe that every person has to agree with me, nor do I pass judgement on them for having a belief that differs from my own, however, I do wish women would give consideration to the life growing inside of them before making a decision to abort. I believe everything happens for a reason, and that includes being given the honor of a life growing inside of you. I've given great thought to the late-term abortion concept, and while I don't understand how any woman could make that decision of a late term abortion, I did find this article quite interesting: https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/how-abortion-law-in-new-york-will-change-and-how-it-wont.
I'll end on this note, what you do with your body is your business. If you choose to tell me that you have had an abortion, I will not judge you, though, I may ask questions. I am a woman who lifts other women up, I don't let them wear their tiara's crooked, and I don't pass judgement on the choices other people make, but if you are ever in a position where you find yourself at the proverbial fork in the road, and are considering abortion, think about that life growing inside of you, and if you don't think that you can take on the responsibility of caring for that life, then consider this: there are many woman in this world who cannot have children, but so desperately want one. Be their vessel. Carry that child for her, and bring a life into the world that can give another woman joy. If you can't, know that it is ok, but at least you stopped and gave pause to the consideration, before making, what is ultimately, your decision.Peace, Love, Light, and Life,
Christine
Comments
Post a Comment