"Maybe Christmas, the Grinch thought, doesn't come from a store." ~Dr. Seuss Over the past 20 days, I have been on a quest to bring the magic of Christmas back to my heart and life. I somehow lost the spirit of my favorite time of year sometime between 2006 and 2011 and I am very happy to say that I have re-ignited that flame and this has been a most wonderful Christmas for me. This final edition is dedicated to family. Not just any family, but my family. I honestly don't know where I'd be without my family. My girls, husband, and parents, especially. My girls are my world. My everything. Christmas probably wouldn't even be worth the craziness if I didn't have them. My husband has been on a journey of his own to bring back the joy of Christmas in life and being on a journey with someone who you love and only want to see happy brings much joy! And my parents have been two of the few people who have been by my side, supported m...
"One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly." ~Andy Rooney Part 14 is dedicated to Last Christmas. No, not the Wham! song, well, not entirely. Ya see, at the time of the original post, in 2012, that last Christmas (2011) was a tough one for me. I had mixed feelings about a lot of different things ... well, really, about everything. I mentioned in an earlier post that I hit my rock bottom in 2012, but the bottom started to become clearer and clearer sometime around October of 2011. At that time, an end was coming to my almost 5-year relationship and it was not even remotely close to getting any better, despite efforts to try harder, on my end. The thing about trying harder is if it's not a two-way attempt, it doesn't work. And this didn't work. Not for me. There was no trust, no affection, nothing that any good relationship should have i...
"Look, Doris, someday you're going to find that your way of facing this realistic world just doesn't work. And when you do, don't overlook those lovely intangibles. You'll discover those are the only things that are worthwhile." ~ Fred Gailey (Miracle on 34th Street) Part 17 is dedicated to Believing. There is a very large part of me that believes in things like Santa Claus, fairy tales lives, happily ever afters and love at first sight. I've been told that my beliefs are unrealistic and silly, even. As silly as it may seem, believing in these fantasies allows me to keep my inner child, well, young. Think about how a child's face lights up when he or she sees Santa at Christmas time, the innocence of believing that one man is so powerful and magical, that never ceases to amaze me. I love that innocence. I love feeling that innocence. It's not something that too many adults stop to experience. I think that this is one thing that I...
Comments
Post a Comment